Eric Rauschway’s blog called “The Edge of the West” has some interesting content on the West and a smattering of other national politics and culture. It’s a very good one for western historians and seems to be getting a lot of traffic.–ed
About The Edge of the American West
* Ari Kelman, Kathy Olmsted, and Eric Rauchway teach history at a fine public university at the western edge of the American West.
* Scott Eric Kaufman earned a doctorate in English at a closely related fine public university in a similar location.
* Neddy Merrill teaches philosophy at an American liberal arts college.
* David H. Noon teaches history at a fine public university at one of the many edges in the American West.
* Dana McCourt is a doctoral candidate in philosophy at an American university.
* Vance Maverick holds a PhD in computer science and develops software at the westernmost edge of the American West.
* David Silbey teaches history at a small American university that is, technically, in an extremely eastern part of the American West.
Your guess is as good as ours, but this blog seems to be about history, philosophy, literature, and selected political and cultural observations with a strong bias toward yiddishkeit, WASPhood, the 1980s, Canadiana and, most of all, the Muppets.